On October 31st we went out to an italian restaurant for dinner and then to a friend's apartment to celebrate his birthday, which had been the day before. Three of our friends showed up at dinner dressed as robots and an iPod made out of cardboard boxes and covered in tinfoil. Considering no one out here even knows what Halloween is, they had quite a few people staring at them and wondering what in the world they were doing.
But anyway, back to the point. We ended up staying at our friend's place until about 1:30am. Why so late? Well...we didn't get back from dinner until around 9pm and then a few of us embarked on trying to fry bananas because it was the birthday boy's favorite dessert. By the time that was over, we had to play a traditional game of BANG! for his birthday (kind of like Mafia but with cards, fun if you like games, especially cause you can play with lots of people). The game ended up lasting forever but in the end it came down to me and the birthday boy and I won! Pretty sweet considering I didn't even want to play because I was tired from frying bananas, but ended up playing anyway hoping that I would get killed off early so Bryan and I could go back home. Ok, that was another side note. I do that a lot if you didn't notice.
Anyways, I'm not sure if it was worth it to stay out that late even if I did win, because by the time we got on a scooter to ride 20 minutes home, it was snowing out. Riding a scooter in the snow in 20 degree weather isn't a good idea, let me tell you that. It was FREEZING! But also sort of fun. Part of the reason we had stayed was because it had been raining and even sleeting earlier in the night and I was kind of hoping it would let up. But it didn't, and continued snowing all through the night and into the next day.
haha, its so funny because we are going into summer here and things are starting to get pretty warm! I actually totally forgot it was halloween because no one celebrates it here, its weird being in a foreign country for holidays but we have decided as a staff team that the americans are hosting thanksgiving and I'm in charge of the turkey! if you have any tips let me know.
ReplyDeleteSo excited to find you here! Merry Halloween indeed!
ReplyDelete