Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cable Knit

This is Bree, and she is wearing the hat and scarf I knitted for her :)  The scarf was the first thing I tried to knit when I started knitting again this time around. To make it more interesting I decided to try to knit cables for the first time.  Unfortunately I didn't make the scarf wide enough, and after B making fun of me for it, I slowly came to agree.  That was when I realized it would make a perfect scarf for a little kid.  When I finished the scarf, I thought it would be cute to try and make a matching hat.  So there you have it, a cable knit scarf with matching cable knit hat complete with a pompom.
Bree is the daughter of our good friends Jason & Angie, who we used to live across the street from.  We would often go over to their place to hang out and to see the kids (Bree has a little brother, Jesh) who we absolutely LOVE. They are SO cute. Before we moved, we used to go over to their place every friday night to have dinner and play games.  J&A also love playing games so it was the perfect set-up. We miss being right across the street from them and being able to do random everyday life stuff together.  They came over to our new place a couple of weeks ago to see it and to have dinner, and that's when we took this pic.  I also took a picture of the hat and scarf by itself so you could see my great handiwork =P

No comments:

Post a Comment